Would you like to fill the gap in your smile but aren't sure if dental implants are the right option for you? The truth is, implants offered by your Turlock, CA, dentist, Dr. John Chan, are the most natural feeling and functioning tooth replacements available today, and they could be the answer to reclaiming your damaged smile. Read on to learn more!
What are dental implants?
Dental implants serve as replacement roots for artificial teeth. Just like your natural roots, implants are securely attached to your jawbone, and thus create a natural-feeling and incredibly stable foundation for a dental crown.
What happens when I receive a dental implant?
The first step of the process involves a minor surgical procedure to implant a tiny titanium post into your jawbone. Following placement, this post gradually bonds to your jawbone during the next three to six months. This bonding process is a crucial step, for it ensures that your new tooth will be strong enough to handle essential functions such as biting and chewing.
When the implant is fully bonded to your jawbone, your Turlock dentist will connect the crown, completing the creation of your new tooth.
Will anyone be able to tell that my tooth isn't real?
Your dental crown is made from an impression of your mouth to ensure that your new tooth looks natural.
Is a dental implant right for me?
Most people are good candidates for dental implants. The best candidates:
- Are in good oral and general health
- Don't have immune system disorders or take medications that affect the immune system
- Have sufficient bone depth (if your jawbone isn't deep enough, bone grafts can eliminate the issue)
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Implants improve your appearance, make biting and chewing easier, prevent teeth from shifting due to the gap in your smile, and help keep your jawbone strong and healthy.
Interested? Give us a call!
Restore your smile with dental implants! Call your Turlock, CA, dentist, Dr. John Chan, at (209) 667-2216 to schedule an appointment.
The CDC estimates that 48 percent of Americans aged 20 to 64 still have all of their permanent teeth (not including wisdom teeth), which means that roughly 52 percent have lost at least one tooth to dental decay, injury, or extraction. If you are currently missing one or more teeth, your dentist in Turlock, CA, may recommend either a full or partial denture. Read on to learn more about these options, and visit Geer Dental Care to undergo treatment.
What are Dentures?
A denture device is an appliance that either connects to your gumline or remaining teeth. Made of plastic resin, acrylic, porcelain, metal, and other materials, dentures are sized and designed by a dental lab technician to look like your natural teeth and gumline. Most dentures are removable and need to be soaked at night, although others can be anchored to the jaw by dental implants. Usually recommended to older patients and those who have experienced significant bone loss due to gum disease, dentures are an affordable tooth replacement solution, especially compared to other, more expensive, restorative options.
Types of Full Dentures
At your cosmetic consultation, your Turlock, CA, dentist will take time to discuss the various types of dentures available. As far as full dentures, these are your main options:
- Conventional full dentures, which are fitted six months or longer after tooth loss to ensure a long-term fit.
- Immediate full dentures, which are placed right after tooth loss or extraction, and then adjusted as time goes on.
- Implant-supported full dentures, which are connected to a few dental implants.
Types of Partial Dentures
Patients who still have more than a few natural, healthy teeth remaining can benefit from partial dentures. Partial denture devices include:
- A “flipper,” which is a single replacement tooth (no gum-like base) that connects to an adjacent tooth.
- A set of replacement teeth connected to a gum-colored plastic base that uses a metal framework to stay in place.
- Partial dentures that use “invisible” precision attachments instead of metal clasps.
Which Denture Device Is Right for Your Case?
The dental team at Geer Dental Care in Turlock, CA, want to help you care for your smile. Part of that is keeping it intact and whole with devices like full or partial dentures. Call (209) 667-2216 today to schedule a visit with Dr. John Chan.
Would you like to restore a tooth, but you just don't have the time a crown involves? Ask your dentist, Dr. John Chan, about CEREC crowns. Created in just about one hour at Geer Dental Care in Turlock, CA CEREC crowns look real and perform just like natural tooth.
What is CEREC?
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic. In other words, your crown is created right in the treatment room in just one visit using superior quality porcelain.
Dr. Chan uses sophisticated digital imaging to create a three-dimensional impression of your tooth and surrounding teeth and tissues. From there, your Turlock dentist uses computer-aided design processes to tell the milling apparatus the exact dimensions of your restoration.
Located right in the treatment room, the CEREC machine carves the new crown from a solid block of fine ceramic. It takes just about 20 minutes to complete and leaves the machine in practically perfect condition. Dr. Chan may adjust the color a bit before cementing it over your prepared tooth.
The benefits of CEREC crowns
If you have ever received a dental crown the old-fashioned way, you know how time consuming it is--the back and forth to the dental office, the two week wait for the crown to come from the lab and so on.
And then, there's those messy oral impressions. Conventional putty and tray impressions do a good job, but nothing is as comfortable and precise as digital impressions done the CEREC way.
In short, CEREC crowns:
- Beautifully restore teeth damaged by injury, decay, infection and more
- Take one short visit to Geer Dental Care
- Are durable and long-lasting
- Fit properly right out of the CEREC machine
- Are easy to care for (just brush and floss and get your six-month professional cleanings and exams at Geer Dental care)
Ready for a CEREC crown?
The Oral Health Foundation says that crowns are one of the most versatile and successful dental restorations. With CEREC processes, you'll have your great new crown more quickly than you ever thought possible. Why not contact Geer Dental Care to learn more? Call us at (209) 667-2216 to book your consultation.
How porcelain veneers from your Turlock, CA, dentist can give you an outstanding smile
Do you want a better smile? Is your smile showing its age? Do you have cracked or chipped teeth? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to discover the magic of veneers! Dr. John Chan at Geer Dental Care in Turlock, CA, offers dental veneers to give you an outstanding smile.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin laminates of sparkling white porcelain, which are cemented on to the front surfaces of your teeth. They are conservative because your dentist removes little to no tooth structure, just enough to compensate for the thickness of the veneers.
How can veneers renew your smile?
Veneers can hide many minor and major cosmetic issues with your teeth. Dental veneers are one of the most versatile dental treatments available because veneers are perfect to hide:
- Chips or cracks
- Abrasion, erosion, or tooth wear
- Fracture lines or broken tooth structure
- Stains, discolorations, or enamel defects
In some cases, alignment issues can be hidden with dental veneers. For example, if you have gaps between your teeth, veneers may be able to cosmetically close up the gaps. If you have rotated teeth, dental veneers may be able to make your teeth appear straight. Veneers can give your smile the illusion of perfect alignment. Your Turlock, CA, dentist will recommend veneers on a case-by-case basis for alignment issues.
People choose veneers for many reasons, including:
- Long-term beauty, because porcelain is stain-resistant, guaranteeing you a sparkling smile for years, even if you smoke or drink coffee
- Natural results, because porcelain is light-reflective and closely resembles tooth enamel
Find Out More
You can have a new, beautiful smile in as little as two to three appointments, thanks to dental veneers. For more information about how to renew your smile with dental veneers, Dr. Chan at Geer Dental Care in Turlock, CA can help. Call (209) 667-2216 to get started on your outstanding smile!
Wouldn't it be nice if you could grow a new tooth after you lost one? Although that's not possible, dental implants offer the next best thing to a regenerated tooth. Dental implants make it possible to restore a missing tooth from the root to the crown. If you've been considering dental implants, you'll want to pay a visit to your Turlock, CA, dentist Dr. John Chan to determine if this innovative restoration method is a good choice for you.
Dental implants rebuild and restore missing teeth
Dental implants are titanium posts that serve as artificial roots. They're topped with dental crowns to create a brand new tooth. When you receive a dental implant, only the crown is visible above your gum line. The dental implant process takes several months but the results are well worth the wait.
Oral surgery is the first step in the dental implant process. During the surgery, your dentist makes an opening in your jawbone and places the implant inside. Although the implant is in the correct position, it won't offer a stable foundation for your crown until it bonds to your jawbone. The bonding process usually takes about three to six months. Once it's complete, you'll be fitted with a connector called an abutment. Your Turlock, CA, dentist will also make an impression of your mouth that will be used to fabricate your crown.
At the completion of your treatment, you'll have a new tooth that looks and feels just like your natural teeth. Dental implants offer several important benefits, such as:
- Improved Chewing: Chewing can become much more complicated when you're missing teeth. Dental implants restore your ability to chew normally and comfortably. They're securely anchored to your mouth and won't move or irritate your gums when you chew.
- Versatility: Dental implants are the only restoration method that can replace any number of missing teeth.
- More Comfortable Alternative to Dentures: Reduction in biting power is one of the chief complaints of people who wear full dentures. Luckily, implant-supported dentures don't cause a significant reduction in your biting power. The dentures are attached to as few as four implants in your upper or lower jaw and offer a more comfortable alternative to traditional dentures.
- Stronger Jawbone: Jawbone resorption can occur if you've lost teeth. The problem increases your risk of further tooth loss and facial sagging. Dental implants prevent your jawbone from shrinking by constantly stimulating the bone.
Restore your smile with dental implants! Call your Turlock, CA, dentist Dr. John Chan at (209) 667-2216 to schedule an appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.